6 Benefits of Our Custom Orthotics
- They are comfortable, New Yorkers walk a lot of steps per day, comfort and control equals happy feet, knees, hips, and back.
- Our orthotics will out last multiple sets of “off the shelf” foot insert. They are cost-effective.
- Our orthotics make your existing shoes better for your feet.
- Our orthotics last at least 5 years and can even be refurbished when needed for less then then $70.
- Our orthotics are slim and lightwieght.
- Most importantly, our orthotics are build custom to your foot based on information gained by you standing and walking across a highly sensitive computer plate.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Custom Digital Orthotics
East Village Chiropractic uses The Orthotic Group’s (TOG) GaitScan system to scan your feet. Based on the scan, we create your very own Custom Orthotics, which TOG imports from Canada and ships directly to the office. EVC then dispenses the product.
Orthotics alleviate pain in your joints, lower back or legs. We’ve resolved problems large and small by evaluating patients and then making custom Orthotics using The Orthotic Group’s GaitScan™ technology.
Typically, Orthotics can be divided into 2 groups: accommodative, built to better support your feet for stress reduction on your joints, and functional, designed to adapt how your foot functions when standing, walking or running. Either can have a positively therapeutic effect on your skeletal system. What can you expect when being fitted for Orthotics? It depends on your situation, but you can be sure of three things:
- A review of your personal medical history and lifestyle, taking into account past injuries and difficulties, and what sort of activities you participate in, and also the different types of footwear in your collection.
- Examination: a hands-on exam of your feet and lower limbs, analyzing foot structure, range of motion, and identifying any possible anomalies. We’ll take a look at your gait by observing how
you walk or run, too.
- GaitScan™ analysis: while some may make a plaster mold of your feet, we prefer using GaitScan™ technology, which takes into account your feet in action. This provides us with more precise, customized Orthotics with the best fit and function. Dynamic Scanning: as you walk across the GaitScan plate, 4,096 sensors are set to scan the plantar surface of your foot in motion, recording timing sequences during your gait and captures the relative pressure for each of ten distinct anatomical landmarks. Pressure Mapping: we’re able to view your plantar pressure distribution in both 2 and 3 dimensions. Detailed images help identify high-pressure areas and existing biomechanical inefficiencies.
A custom Orthotic is a device designed to align the foot and ankle into the most anatomically efficient position. They resemble insoles, but are biomechanical, medical appliances that are custom made to correct your specific foot imbalance. Custom Orthotics work on your feet much like glasses work on your eyes — they reduce stress and strain on your body by bringing your feet back into proper alignment. The plastic casing of the custom Orthotic helps to re-align the foot by redirecting and reducing certain motion that takes place during the gait cycle. Custom Orthotics fit into your shoes as comfortably as an insole, and they have the advantage of having been made from precise imprints of your feet to ensure optimal comfort.
In conjunction with The Orthotic Group, East Village Chiropractic can create Custom Birkenstocks with a unique insole custom-tailored to accommodate your feet.
East Village Chiropractic offers a 30 day money back guarantee on all Orthotic products; if you’re not completely satisfied with the Orthotics, we will re-make them or offer you a refund, no questions asked.
Dr. Taras Odulak is pleased to say, “We have only had 2 returns in 7 years. Our exam process and the Custom Orthotics Products are that good.”