K-Laser Therapy for TMJ
This month’s research review focuses on Laser Therapy for TMJ or TMD as it is commonly known.
The K-Laser Therapy Studies:
TMJ or TMD (Temporomandibular Dysfunction) is a common mechanical problem of the jaw hinged joints, the jaw becomes misaligned, does not function properly and becomes swollen and painful. TMD is more prevalent in men than women and can cause the following:
- Pain or tenderness in your face, jaw joint area, neck and shoulders, and in or around the ear when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide.
- Problems when you try to open your mouth wide.
- Jaws that become “stuck” or “lock” in the open- or closed-mouth position.
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw joint when you open or close your mouth or chew. This may or may not be painful.
- A tired feeling in your face.
- Trouble chewing or a sudden uncomfortable bite — as if the upper and lower teeth are not fitting together properly.
- Swelling on the side of your face.
- May be the cause of toothaches, headaches, neck aches, dizziness, earaches, hearing problems, upper shoulder pain, and ringing in the ears (tinnitus).
Painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs do little if anything to correct jaw alignment and correct the problem.
In the three studies that I reviewed, the researches gave a thumb’s up to Laser Therapy for improving the treatment outcome.
Our K-Laser has a specific setting for treating TMD, relieving the pain associated with the condition. Still hesitating to make your appointment? Please read what one patient is saying about Dr. Odulak:
“He’s a genius and truly works wonders by incorporating the innovative and non-invasive technology to provide Holistic Chiropractic Care… Cold (or Low-Laser Therapy) is amazing, it rebuilds tissue and quick and easy!!! If you have any chronic pain, go to Dr. Taras, it’s that simple.”
— Antonina R.